The introduction of drywall really changed the way the interior wall was finished. This completes the interior walls and reduces construction time.
Drywall is known as wallboard, gypsum board or plasters board and is used to make interior walls and ceilings. You can also get the services of drywall installation in Toronto.
The preferred size of thickness used to install drywall is 3/8 inches (0.952 cm), 1/4 inch (0.635 cm), 1/2 inch (1.27 cm), and 5/8 inches (1.59 cm). In this case, your architecture and your contractors are the best people to consult to choose the right thickness of drywall.
Gypsum Wall Cracks
Drywall can be easily damaged when exposed to water. Sealing cracks are very disturbing for homeowners. Various causes of drywall cracks include temperature changes, water seepage, and physical damage due to strength or shock.
It takes a lot of patience to repair drywall cracks. The procedure is very simple and the equipment needed is putty knives, sandpaper, paint brushes, paint, masking tape, mud pan, mud shovel, and safety glasses.
Procedure for repairing drywall
- Remove all debris and paint hanging out in the cracked part.
- If the cracks are long, you must forcefully remove the wear debris.
- Now, use sandpaper to smooth the cracked part.
- Mix the plaster mixture, uses the mud pot.
- Now use a putty knife to apply the tape.
- Make a small strip and close the gap
- Now apply a layer of tape on top of the stitching tape.